Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wednesday 9-30

Sorry, I was unable to continue my blog writing while in Mexico but I'm hoping to be able to remember and share with you our adventures.

Today we spent the entire day at my aunt's house which was nice. I had a "torta de cochinita" for breakfast and my fave chocolate milk drink, "Bevi." My father was invited over for lunch and I must say I enjoyed the visit. It had been a long, long time since we've actually sat on the same table and talked. And the meal we shared was absolutely delicious, it's called "Arroz a la tumbada" which is rice soup with seafood, yeah I love seafood and when I'm down here I try to get my fill of it. We were able to catch up and he shared experiences of me as a baby and memories of him and my mom. It was actually funny to hear things they did.
He really liked spending time with Alejandra, anytime he got a chance he would hold her...I was glad he was able to and hope he can meet Benjamin also. And I'm amazed at how many features Alejandra has of him and the family. Funny how the genes work.

We took a nap (which is almost tradition here). And then went out to visit my uncle Beto, aunt Yola and my cousins Yudi & Mel. Our outings are usually late, in Las Vegas by 9pm I'm sitting in front of the TV watching shows and trying to unwind from a crazy day with my kids. Here we're either barely leaving the house to go somewhere or we're in the middle of dinner, I actually like the schedule.

We had dinner at their house, "salbutes" y "panuchos," which are very traditional from this state and are very, very yummy. It's one of the meals I miss most from here and although they're very fattening they're worth the sacrifice. :) We chatted for a while at the kitchen table, another thing I love to do when we're here. It seems that the best times are spent around the dinner table/kitchen. We actually didn't stay out late, which is not usual, but we were tired. The heat/humidity is exhausting especially if you're not used to it and we're definitely not.

I enjoyed the day and Alejandra just seems to enjoy everyone's arms. She's such a drama queen and knows how to convince aunt Nena to pick her up when she wants to be held, which is almost every minute of the day. Not good!!!

4 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

I loved reading this. I hope you keep posting it. I agree with you about the best times are aound the dinner table.

Shanna said...

Sounds like fun!

AZ said...

Sounds like a great time with family! Merry Christmas!

Andrea

Shanna said...

Sounds like fun!