Hey everybody...well, it´s been a week and I´ve survived so far! I love being down here, it´s nice to see my family and friends.
Our plane ride was good, no issues with Benjamin except for having a diaper blow out during our layover in Houston. Yeah! Not fun! I wasn´t prepared with an extra pair of clothes so I had to wash what he had at the airport, it wasn´t too bad and I had Shout wipes with me so that helped A LOT!
I won´t say it has been all fine and dandy with Benjamin because it really hasn´t. This is not a relaxing vacation to say the least, he´s just WILD!!! I don´t know if it´s the environment or what but he is non-stop from 7 am til 8 pm with a couple of naps during the day.
I had warned my family of how active he was but I think they thought I was exagerating, they now agree with me. I try to keep him under control but I get so tired. We hired a nanny for a couple of days but she is young and is not as extrict as I am with him but at least she can watch him while I´m doing something else.
Bathing him is a chore, it is like you flip a switch and he goes wacko. The 1st night I tried bathing him, oh my! I don´t think he got a full bath `cause there was water everywhere and he was just jumping all over the place. He seems to be calming down now (thank goodness!). He loves the water even little tiny puddles of water he sees on the street, yuck! Keeping him clean down here is a challenge!
My family has already told me taht I need to relax and let him do stuff but it´s so hard for me since I don´t want him to break anything or for anyone to dislike him. I am starting to understand that he´s still very young and wants to explore his surroundings so I try to ignore a few things he does and let him be. He seems to be enjoying it and luckily he hasn´t gotten sick at all.
I am the one that got sick with a cold but seem to be getting better now, thank goodness! I hate being on vacation and being sick on top of being pregnant! Other than that I am good, have eaten what I´ve been wanting for so long and can´t get up there and still have quite a few things to eat.
We are heading to the zoo today and the beach tomorrow. He has experienced a party, a tricycle ride and an aquarium so far. I have been taking pictures of him but it´s hard to upload them so you will all have to wait until we get back.
I´ll try to get on again and update you about our adventures down here. Hope everyone is doing alright!
P.S. We miss you daddy!!
4 years ago
3 comments:
I can definitely sympathize with you. This whole thing sounded like a description of Gabriel. He's not bad- just really, really energetic. Good luck. I always tell myself he's going to use his energy for something really amazing one day. O can only hope!
Email me your email address, I am going private...mdominguez88@mvdsl.com
Congrats on your citizenship! Also glad you are able to go back to Mexico for a vacation that is awesome. Your little guy is so cute and I feel your pain about airplane rides and so much energy etc. Can't wait to see pictures. I am sure Daddy is missing you guys like crazy but have a great time.
Post a Comment