I know we're about a month away from Thanksgiving but I felt compelled to write down how grateful I am for my life. I was watching TLC this morning and heard an emotional dad speak about the birth of their second child and how the process could be taken for granted the second time around but that it is a blessing and a privilege to have children and bring them happiness. I started to get emotional and started to think about my life...
I am grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted and blessed me with Benjamin and now Alejandra. I know I am not a perfect mother and I'm scared of what lies ahead,but, it is my goal to raise them to the best of my ability. I hope they grow to be strong individuals with set goals, standards and morals. I am sure time is going to fly by and I wanna enjoy every moment I have with them, good or bad. I hope that when they are mature individuals they are grateful for all they have lived. I hope that they always know how much I love them.
I am grateful for my husband. I am sure I have driven him crazy so many times but he has stayed beside me even through hard times. I am thankful that he's willing to work so hard for our family and that I am able to stay home to take care of our kids. I love that he makes me laugh all the time, even when I don't feel like smiling or laughing, he still tries. He's my best friend and I love him more than I had ever thought I could love someone.
I am grateful for my mom. I love her so much and I hope she knows that. She's always there for me and willing to help through thick and thin. We've been through so much together and we have had our differences many, many times but we continue to move forward. I admire her strength and her willingness to put everyone else first unconditionally. She's so good with Benjamin and I am sure she's going to be great with Alejandra. I hope my children love her as much as I do.
I am grateful for my 2nd parents. I will never ever forget all they've done for me and my mom. Even though I don't carry their blood they have taken me in and loved me as if I was their child. I am grateful for their support and their great example. I am extremely grateful for the love they have for my children and it is crazy to see how much Benjamin already loves them. They will always be Grammy Vikki and Grandpa Gary.
I am grateful for my in-laws. I know that having a new person come into their family can be weird and at times difficult and even more when she is from a different culture, but, they've been so loving and patient with me. They are always making sure I'm comfortable when I am around them. I hope they can also have a close relationship with their grandchildren even if they are so far away from us.
Life has been great and there's still a lot more to live. I hope I can always be a good or even better wife, mother, daughter and friend. At times I struggle but only hope that Heavenly Father gives me the humility, strength, and courage to continue moving forward.
4 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment