Friday, September 25, 2009

Girl´s trip to Mexico 2009

I apologize because there will be a lack of picture on the upcoming posts but I figure I could write down our experiences during our visit in Merida.

We traveled from Las Vegas to Merida yesterday...no major events during our travel, except we almost lost our flight from LV to Houston. Yeah, that was very embarrassing as we got to the gate and the doors were already closed, they had to open them for us and we had to walk through the entire plane while everyone just watched us...I wanted to die but at least we made it. We made it to Merida and so did most of our luggage, as we went to pick them all up we came across one of them and were in disbelief. The suitcase was shattered, this particular suitcase is made of that hard material which I´m not sure what´s called but as we grabbed it, all the edges of it came off and when my mom tried to grab the handle to pull it, it came off completely. We couldn´t do anything but laugh. We then were approached by one of the continental ladies and were asked to come to the airline window to be reimbursed for it. We had to choose between a new suitcase or a $50 voucher good towads a ticket. So I chose the voucher, maybe I wanna make a trip later on and that may just pay for 1/2 of it, right?
So after all of that we came home (this was about 10:30 pm), dropped our luggage at my aunt´s house and headed out to eat dinner...yep dinner at 11:00 pm. Gotta love Mexico!!!! What did we eat? Tacos al pastor....YUMM-O!! So we got home at around 12 am and crashed, Alex was even up that late, the poor girl...she was pretty grouchy!

Today has been uneventful, we just visited the pediatrician as Alex´s eye started getting nasty while we traveled yesterday but got better this morning but I still wanted to take her to the doc to make sure she wasn´t coming down with anything. She got checked and she´s OK, just has to use drops for a week to help her eye which doesn´t even look bad at all.

The rest of the day we stayed at my aunt´s and went out to the grocery store to get ingredients for the food my mom is making for our family reunion tomorrow...I´m so excited to see everyone.

I´m doing great although I´m getting anxious because I haven´t ran the last couple of days and don´t want to loose my rhythm, I´m just nervous to go run by myself and get chased by a dog...yeah, not worried about a human but a darn dog!! They can be nasty out here. :)

Alejandra is doing great, she napped quite a bit today and on a hammack...I think she liked that. The humidity/heat doesn´t seem to be bothering but it sure is bothering my mom...haha! I´m just enjoying every minute I have here but I won´t lie that once in a while I´m annoyed by the humidity also but I can´t complain. I´m in Mexico surrounded by my family and enjoying the food. Yeah all I do is talk about what we´re going to eat next....better start running soon!!!

Please come back for more about our adventures in Yucatan & Campeche....................................

0 comments: