This Christmas was a very casual for our family but we enjoyed each other's company and loved the chance we had to be together.
I didn't ask for anything at all this year, well, I wanted a new car which I got but that was a family gift. Personally I didn't want anything but my sweet husband went ahead and got me a red Nintento DS Lite & a game which I had mentioned once or twice that I liked them and wanted one but never said I really, really want it but I got it and I'm loving it. But, that wasn't my favorite thing...with the gift came a letter that meant much more than anything else and I wanted to share it with you all...
____________________________________________________________
TO MY LOVELY WIFE
As I sit here surrounded by concrete walls and doors controlled by an operator for security purposes, it's hard to be in the "Christmas Mood". It has, however, given me plenty of time to reflect on the season.
What makes Christmas so special? Is it the gift exchange or all the pretty decorations? The elaborate meals, the seasonal songs? Or is it the family traditions that have been passed on from year to year.
Of course the logical answer is that we're celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. And although He is the "reason for the season" I like to think that there's more to it all than just gathering around the nativity scene to remember that blessed night when the King of Kings was born. He entered this world in a very humbling atmosphere, but He was surrounded by His family. And that's what I think makes this season so special. Gathering together as a family.
Just as He was surrounded by those who loved Him, we join together with our loved ones. This year is especially wonderful for me. Not only do I get to enjoy another year with you by my side, but I also get to watch as our son marvels at the lights and brightly colored packages. And just as Mary and Joseph gathered around their little one many years ago, you and I can share this special moment together. And that is the greatest gift I could ever receive. I love you more than I could ever let you know. Thank you for being so patient with me as I grow. I know I'm not perfect, but with your help I'll get there some day. I love you Yiviani and wish you the merriest of Christmases and I look forward to spending another year with you.
Brad
I didn't ask for anything at all this year, well, I wanted a new car which I got but that was a family gift. Personally I didn't want anything but my sweet husband went ahead and got me a red Nintento DS Lite & a game which I had mentioned once or twice that I liked them and wanted one but never said I really, really want it but I got it and I'm loving it. But, that wasn't my favorite thing...with the gift came a letter that meant much more than anything else and I wanted to share it with you all...
____________________________________________________________
TO MY LOVELY WIFE
As I sit here surrounded by concrete walls and doors controlled by an operator for security purposes, it's hard to be in the "Christmas Mood". It has, however, given me plenty of time to reflect on the season.
What makes Christmas so special? Is it the gift exchange or all the pretty decorations? The elaborate meals, the seasonal songs? Or is it the family traditions that have been passed on from year to year.
Of course the logical answer is that we're celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. And although He is the "reason for the season" I like to think that there's more to it all than just gathering around the nativity scene to remember that blessed night when the King of Kings was born. He entered this world in a very humbling atmosphere, but He was surrounded by His family. And that's what I think makes this season so special. Gathering together as a family.
Just as He was surrounded by those who loved Him, we join together with our loved ones. This year is especially wonderful for me. Not only do I get to enjoy another year with you by my side, but I also get to watch as our son marvels at the lights and brightly colored packages. And just as Mary and Joseph gathered around their little one many years ago, you and I can share this special moment together. And that is the greatest gift I could ever receive. I love you more than I could ever let you know. Thank you for being so patient with me as I grow. I know I'm not perfect, but with your help I'll get there some day. I love you Yiviani and wish you the merriest of Christmases and I look forward to spending another year with you.
Brad
1 comments:
First off the DS is such a fun gift but the letter that is awesome!! What a great husband you do have. It is really neat that love can be so amazing. I love letters too......they are the greatest gifts. A new car you need to post pictures we would love to see what you got.
Post a Comment